Monday, February 3, 2014

Bats still strong in Destrehan!

Here we are in February 2014 and I am starting to get calls again out of Destrehan, LA for bats! People out there get bats in the attic and do not know who to call! Since I remove bats for a living, if they call anyone to come out - it is usually me. I go into attics nearly every day and see some strange things, and often hear the noises that the bats make.

I took some pictures of one of the bats that I got out of an attic as I was releasing it back into the wild. There is no reason to kill bats and bat removal is done by exclusion only!

Bat from attic
Bats can see quite well - This bat was taken from an attic in Destrehan, LA (Ormond actually)
Here he is saying hello!

Here's another showing their incredible little feet and all their hairy little toes!

Bat hanging - Removed from Destrehan LA
Destrehan, LA bat taken from home - this bat picture shows the feet with hairs.

Here's yet another pic with two bats, I hand captured about 2 dozen that found themselves trapped in attic insulation where they would have either died or over time found their way into the living space of the homeowner!

2 Mexican Free-Tailed bats in Destrehan, LA

Finally if you have a bat problem - or find a bat flying around in your living room one evening do not take that lightly - hire a pro - someone with experiance. I am certainly not the only person around who specializes in this type of work but anyone who is should be properly licensed. You can check here for that!
or visit my website at



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow. This is crazy! The bats look so at home just chilling there for the pictures. I don't have a bat problem, but I'm moving into an area that might. So, I'll keep this in mind just in case I start having problems. http://wildlifeextractors.com/bats.html