Thursday, September 6, 2012

Bats, and bat houses in New Orleans

Bat hiding from Isaac!

Bats in New Orleans - After Isaac!

This year so far the bats seem to be in certain areas and not in others as usual. In other words I am seeing them in some of the usual cities but others seem to be void this year and that's kinda normal as the population tends to drift annually - or at least the nuisance calls do!


For instance, I have not had a single call for bats in Destrehan, LA and I usually do - however New Orleans East is still rocking with bats!

The ever faithful River Ridge area is still seeing bats as well as Harahan. I am seeing them in Mandeville, Covington, and Slidell and this is all AFTER hurricane Issac! So all in all the hurricane did not affect the bats much!

SO if your worried about bats in New Orleans, don't ! They are doing fine! On the other hand if your looking to help them further you can always buy a bat house and give them a place to spend the night. They are great for insect control and we could always use that around here!

Bat Houses


If your looking for a great place to buy a bat house in New Orleans check here at my other website as it is all about bat houses and there are some links to bat house forums, etc. as well as my phone number if you need some local help or guidance. http://www.batremovalneworleans.com/page4.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just hate these bats.. I spend lots of my hard earned money on commercial Pest Removal services to eradicate these bats from my home