Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Bat Removal in New Orleans for December 2009

Looks like the bats in Destrehan, LA are going crazy! I have been removing bats from several houses, attics, and especially removing bats from octagon vents in Ormond subdivision. I think the bats are loving those this year! This type of job is pretty common place. The first thing we do is go around and look at the rest of the house, as there are usually several places that the bats could go if they are not properly removed in the first place. The rest of the house needs to be sealed BEFORE the one way doors are installed.
I have had a couple of other calls this time of year too! I have had calls for dead dogs, snake problems, opossum problems, and squirrels!
All in a days work though!
If you are having problems and need someone to help you with bats in Destrehan LA give me a call!
504-338-7517 and or visit LABATCONTROL or my main website at Parker Wildlife Control

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you all should come remove ours from Mcdonogh 35 high school in new Orleans Louisiana before someone gets hurt....please!!

Charles Parker said...

I removed them last year, and they were gone. I offered to seal the rest of the school and they did NOT want to pay me to do that because I had successfully removed the bats. So even though I warned them that if the additional work was NOT done - they would get them this year - they did NOT hire me to complete the project as I recommended. Instead, they left the school venerable to bats. I would also add that unless it is done correctly they will have bats again next year. Hiring anyone without the proper permits or experience would be a disservice to the school and the tax payers.